DUAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Upon recommendation of their counselors or principal, and with approval of the USC department, high school juniors and seniors, who have excelled in their studies, may enroll in appropriate courses at the University. Interested students must submit high school records that show exceptional performance. A dually enrolled (concurrent) student must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 on the SC UGP scale. A student may also receive free tuition through the Lottery Tuition Assistance Program if they take between 6-12 credit hours within a semester. *If a student takes less than 6, or more than 12 credit hours, the student is responsible for payment of the course(s).
STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ORDER TO BE FULLY ADMITTED INTO THE DUAL ENROLLMENT PROGRAM.
1. Application – A concurrent application must be completely filled out and turned into our office before a student is considered for admission to USC Union’s dual enrollment program. You can print a paper application form from the links below, or come by our office and pick up an application.
- Printable Paper Application— print and return to the Admissions Office
2. Residency & Citizenship Verification–The links to these forms are below, or the forms can be picked up in our office. We will also need a copy of your driver’s license or birth certificate for citizenship verification.
3. High School Transcript– Your guidance office will have to provide us with a copy of your high school transcript in order to verify your GPA.
4. Financial Aid Forms– In order to receive lottery tuition assistance, the form below must be completed by the student, and a guidance counselor.
If you plan to attend a College or University that is not part of the USC system, you must request an official transcript in order for the course credit to transfer to that institution. Please have your Self Service Carolina login (VIP ID and password) available, and follow the instructions in the link below.
*If you have not set up your Self Service Carolina (SSC) login, please follow the ‘Self Service Carolina Instructions’ link on our Admissions/Registrar webpage.